Monday, July 4, 2011

Summer Update From Wisconsin


Summer in Wisconsin is always just as busy as my school year. I’m grateful that I have such a supportive skating club where I can come home and coach 6 days a week, while taking 12 credits of summer school, preparing for tryouts in the fall, working on a senior free program, staying in shape, running 5Ks & 10Ks and making a profit by pursuing my passion for photography through family portraits, senior pictures and an upcoming wedding. I guess there is just a little bit of free time in there to enjoy spending time with family, friends and three little nephews.

As a communications major, I’ve started job searching for life after graduation. I’d like to do something where I can incorporate advertising, photography, graphic design and/or sports marketing. The options seem endless and I’m still not quite sure what sort of company I can see myself working for, but for now I’ll continue investigating and see where life leads me come next May.
I suppose I really like to make use of every ounce of my day and continuing to do what I love and loving what I do. I think it’s important to soak up the time that I have while I’m still in school and enjoy it all. I guess you could say “busy” is my middle name, but I’ve never had any regrets on how much I take on. Living the life of a student-athlete at Miami teaches skaters many life skills, and one of the most important is time management. You truly can pursue anything you want with focus and perseverance.



I’m off to New Jersey next week to coach a DREAM Camp with Jenna Longo and Audrey McQuade while also visiting visit teammates Christina Lee, Martha Buckley and DREAM member Ashley Mulhern. At the end of the month myself and the nine other DREAM members will head to Strongsville, OH for the annual Training Festival.



An update from one of the camps will be coming soon!


Love & Honor,


Sarah




No comments:

Post a Comment