Thursday, March 1, 2012

Nationals 2012 - Day 1

Nationals is finally here! After all the blood, sweat, and tears, teams from all around the country have gathered here in Worcester, Massachusetts to show off what they've been working on the past season. Some of the DREAM skaters had the opportunity of presenting the Juvenile awards! It was a lot of fun to see everyone's excited faces as we put medals over their bunned heads.

I then got to see my cousin who skates on Epic Edge Intermediate. I don't get the chance to see her that often, but the fact that we share this common love for synchro makes it even more special to see her every year at nationals.
The Opening Ceremonies took place after the awards ceremonies and featured all the teams organized by state from west coast to east coast. It was exciting for me since out of all of the nationals I've been at, I have never been able to sit down and watch Opening Ceremonies! It was a dignified and impressive event. The Skating Spectacular showcased national and international competitors from the U.S. and was quite entertaining!
After the opening ceremonies and the first couple of Junior teams, I ran off to dinner at Buca Di Beppo with my lovely California Gold girls. Fellow DREAM-mate Emmy and I snapped a picture in the midst of hundreds of other pictures that everyone on the team had to take with one another.
For me, Nationals is a whole new experience this year since I'm not here to compete. I really miss having a team to interact and share memories with (though I am lucky enough to be spending the majority of my time on this trip with California Gold) But it's amazing to see what bonds can be made in just one season. Tomorrow will be another long day, so I wish everyone a goodnight and congratulations to those who competed today!

-Annaleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment