Sunday, November 27, 2011

Introducing Dana Hall

Hi! I'm Dana Hall. I am a member of Starlights senior. I am currently a Freshman at the University of Wisconsin--Whitewater. I plan on majoring in Athletic Training. This means that when I am done skating, I would like to be able to travel with teams that go internationally and be their team doctor/trainer.

When I was younger, I skated for Wisconsin Edge. After that I skated for the Fond du Lac Blades. I spent about six years with them until I went to where I currently am; with the Starlights. I first got into skating because my grandparents took our whole family to a rink. I was too small to fit into any skates so I had to wear my shoes. It was so much fun that apparently I was hooked and haven't stopped skating since.

My favorite Team USA memory would be from last year when I was in Austria. We had gone to the same restaurant every night for dinner. One of the time we went, we were all really tired from the day and one of the girls on the team felt like she needed to bring our spirits up. So, she decided that she was going to eat some horseradish. One of our coaches told her, "if you eat a spoonful of that, then you don't have to do the warm-up block when we get home." My teammate was so up for that. She took a HUGE spoonful, plugged her nose, and shoved it in her mouth. It was absolutely hilarious! She brightened the spirits of the team that night, but unfortunately she still had to do the warm-up block when we got back to the U.S.

When I am not skating, you can usually find me doing homework in my dorm room or getting involved on campus. I love going out with my friends on weeknights to go bowling. We always have so much fun. A pasttime of mine would be watching synchro on youtube, because I really enjoy seeing what teams have done with their programs over the years and how synchro has changed. If I am not out bowling or on youtube, I am most likely listening to music. It calms me down after a hard day of classes. Although skating is a huge part of my life, I was also involved in Color Guard at my high school along with softball. I enjoy sports and being involved in anything I can be involved in.

Favorites:
Favorite sports figure: Michael Jordan
Favorite sports team: Chicago Blackhawks
Favorite cities: Chicago, New York
Favorite movie: Dear John
Favorite place I’ve traveled for skating: Rouen, France
Favorite program I’ve ever skated: Starlights senior 2010, Music Box

Favorite quote: SKATING: It's the feeling you get at the end of a hard practice when you pushed yourself to the limit, the way the ice feels when you get back on it after a few months off. It's a part of YOUR IDENTITY, something you LOVE and something you HATE. A bond that NO ONE ELSE really understands, but that's okay, because every time you get out on the ice it isn't just you; it's all the friends and coaches over the years, all the practices, all the sweat, all the pain, all the tears, all the memories, all the laughter, all the "off" competitions, all the lifetime bests, and all the road trips. As individual as it may seem, skating is really a team sport, and even still, it's more than just a sport. IT'S A WAY OF LIFE.


Sincerely,

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment