Friday, November 5, 2010

Introducing Jenna Longo

Hi! My name is Jenna Longo. I am a member of the Haydenettes synchronized skating team. This is my fifth season competing as a Haydenette. I am a sophomore at Bentley University in Waltham, Mass. Bentley is a small business school on the outskirts of Boston. I have recently declared myself an accounting major with a minor in economics. I knew I was going to be an accountant when I was 9 after my parents had caught me taking inventory of my recently retrieved Halloween candy. The scary part was that I wanted to collect the candy to take the inventory, not eat it.

I first stepped on the ice when I was 4 years old, expecting to be a hockey player. I joined my first synchro team at the age of 8. I competed with Team Millennium for the next six seasons before becoming a Haydenette. I am eager to better my skating and can be found on the ice quite often. I have passed my senior moves in the field, gold dance test six international dances and intermediate freestyle.

My favorite Team USA memory is competing at the 2010 ISU World Synchronized Skating Championships. This was my fourth year representing USA on the World Team; however, this was the most inspiring competition. The thrill and exhilaration produced from the crowd sparked a new passion inside me. Being able to win a World medal in front of a such a supportive audience and in our home country is an experience that is unforgettable. Each aspect of that competition was something to remember. The experience was too surreal to put into words.

When I'm not on the ice, which is not too often, you can find me with my three best friends. We are inseparable; we shop, eat and giggle constantly. Being so close to Boston, we frequently take trips into the city to watch as many Celtics and Bruins games as possible. My roommate, Kaleigh, and I are too often caught making funny noises and communicating in our own language. At school, I partake in many co-ed intramural sports, including soccer, volleyball, dodgeball and softball. I also participate in Service Learning, which is a community service component offered at Bentley, as well as Beta Alpha Psi, Bentley's finance and accounting group. I love summer! I am a competitive water ski and show skier. I first water skied at the age of 3 and have been doing it ever since. It is near and dear to my heart, similar to skating. Summer is the time of the year when I try to take full advantage of water skiing and catching the sunsets.

Favorites

Favorite Sports Figure: Tessa Virtue
Favorite Sports Teams: New York Yankees, Boston Bruins
Favorite Cities: NYC, Boston, Paris
Favorite Band: Vampire Weekend
Favorite Movie: Miracle
Favorite Book: I Am Charlotte Simmons by Tom Wolfe
Favorite TV Show: Gossip Girl
Favorite Vacation Spot: Summer house
Favorite Place Traveled for Skating: Hungary
Favorite Quote: "Inveni te ipsum--Find Yourself" found in Cum Laude written by Cecily von Ziegesar

No comments:

Post a Comment