Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Introducing Noelle Pearson


Hey there! My name is Noelle Pearson, and I'm from Eden Prairie, Minn. This is my first season with the Haydenettes. I am a sophmore at Framingham State University. Framingham State is a small, liberal arts university located 30 minutes west of Boston. At Framingham, I am pursuing a degree in economics and a minor in French. I decided to major in economics because I've always like business and math courses. Growing up, I attended Normandale French Immersion Elementary, where all classes were taught in French, and all students are fluent in French at age 10. I knew all along I wanted I wanted to continue my French education throughout college.

I started figure skating in Braemar's city classes at age 3. I began synchronized skating when I was 6 on Team Braemar's juvenile line. I skated with Team Braemar for 10 years (two on juvenile, two on Novice, seven on junior). I've always loved synchronized skating because each skater on the team is just as important as the skater next to him or her, and everyone has to work together to achieve thier goals. This will be my fifth season as a member of Team USA.

One of my favorite skating memories was the 2009 World Junior Team Selection Competition in Fond du Lac, Wisc., where Team Braemar placed second and won its first berth to the World Challenge Cup for Juniors. It had always been a team goal to compete at junior worlds and to actually achieve it and represent the United States was unreal. Here's a link to our kiss and cry at the 2009 World Junior Team Selection Competition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1eVwYlyf_c.

My favorite Team USA memory is at our first international competition, in 2007 at the Zagreb Snowflakes Trophy. It was an experience like none other; we were exposed to some of the best senior teams in the world! The best part was hearing the national anthem play as the American flag rose after we won the junior divison. I felt so honored and proud to be an American skater! It was an unforgettable experience.

When I'm not on the ice, you can find me at school, work, baking or with my friends! I also love to scrapbook; I have scrapbooks full of skating photos, results and competition tags from every year I've skated for Team USA. With my friends, you can find us at the movie theater, baking cookies, shopping or quoting funny movies!

Some of my favorites...

Favorite sports figure: Sasha Cohen
Favorite sports team: Minnesota Twins
Favorite city: Paris, France
Favorite TV show: Gossip Girl
Favorite movies: 27 Dresses, The Devil Wears Prada
Favorite book: The Catcher in the Rye, Harry Potter
Favorite place I've traveled for skating: Gothenborg, Sweden
Favorite Team USA program I've skated to: Quest for Camelot (Team Braemar 2008-09 junior free skate) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHuyU7QrMy0

No comments:

Post a Comment